Google
 

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A great time

A great time to be invested in commodities, that is.  I recommend GSG, a balanced commodities index, GLD, a gold index fund that is due to cross 100 soon - it's been lagging behind the other commodities and is a great play to hedge against inflation which, in my opinion, is much higher than the government is reporting.  Basically, if our economy collapses and we enter a period of hyperinflation, those invested in gold will have nothing to worry about.  Oil passed 132/barrel today.  There is no reason to whine about gas prices so long as you are invested in an energy index fund or even an oil index fund sticker symbol OIL.  How long will this run last?  Well all the major investment banks are reporting forecasts of 150+ per barrel oil.  Goldman analysts predict $200 oil on the horizon.  Get your money here and rising gas/food prices will be of no concern to you.

In other news, I just got back from a 2-day trip on college business to New York City.  Needless to say, I was not really impressed with the city.  I'm collecting my thoughts on it and will blog about it sometime later.  In fact, I've visited every major city along the eastern US through my job, so expect a 100 word blurb on each city sometime soon.

5 comments:

**feelin the love** said...

I heard you were getting into the online trading. What information do you have for someone thinking about getting a new portfolio going. Also, do you know anything about equity apartments.
p.s. I really did start my own blog!! I don't think I'm dropping the educational knowledge like you, but I do what I can. Don't worry... your blog is still my favorite.

Anonymous said...

Joe,
Maybe you can quit your day job and just manage your stocks for a living.

EMO said...

It took me all day to figure out what you meant, but I got it. No comment.

elizabeth said...

Maybe if your investing ideas are right, you could just live off your investment income and never have to get a real job. I'm impressed with your knowledge.

Joe said...

My advice to anyone getting a portfolio going... Do not start trading unless you set rules for yourself and you know exactly what you are getting into. It is very easy to lose a lot of money. Anything I say is just as likely to be wrong as it is to be right. My opinions are not researched very much and can all be classified as "hunches," so please use these posts as entertainment and not investment advice.

I just happened to be right the last few months (about commodities at least).