Google
 

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I missed another great Rush Limbaugh tirade

About the ingenuity and awesome power of human beings to achieve.

Every once in a while, Rush will get into a great flowing monologue about how great and creative human beings are and that individuals are capable of such amazing triumphs no matter what the odds.  He gives perhaps the best "believe in yourself" type speech I've ever heard.  This is probably because these monologues seem to come out of nowhere every few months or so.  They emerge out of all sorts of different topics and flow out so naturally that I've come to realize that this belief is something he really believes deep down.  I'm even more certain of this once I consider his past life before he made his money in radio.

Here is an exert from his website.

"You know, small business people comprise the gamut.  A lot of them are just creative, they just have a passion for a service or a product.  The business side is something they have to learn.  There you go.  I've often said, and I maintain it to this day, that even in a circumstance like this, meaning this deep a recession, most of the limitations that people face are those they place on themselves. "

You can see the whole dialogue here.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_020910/content/01125110.guest.html

I saw him live one time when he spoke for Hillsdale College (currently the greatest liberal arts college in the world), but unfortunately he must not have been in the mood that night.  He spent his hour blasting Democrats and making gay jokes about Barney Frank.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can agree with this. He would be a great motivator if he cared.