Google
 

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Rush Limbaugh to speak for Hillsdale College

FINALLY!!!  Hillsdale College booked Rush to give a public lecture.  Though the college has by far the largest endowment per student in the state of Michigan, I'm sure he wasn't cheap.  Unfortunately, I always contended that he would be an incredible commencement speaker (he's speaking for Hillsdale's annual Churchill Dinner in DC).  Rush gives the most inspiring monologues about the greatness of the country and of the individual that I've ever heard - the stuff that graduating seniors need to hear.  I'd much rather have graduating seniors hear someone tell them to go out and conquer the world than listen to someone plugging his/her book (or worse).  How awesome of a day would it be for the air traffic controller at the Hillsdale airfield to land Rush's private jet!  Oh well, I guess you can't get everything you want.  Now that I think about it, I didn't much care for the students either when I worked there.  Those buggers slowed down the internet so much, it was unbearable!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hillsdale might want to consider spending its money on babe/cougar female conservative talking heads like Monica Crowley or Laura Ingraham.

For an interesting explanation, I direct you to this oldy but goody from Will Frank:
http://www.willisms.com/archives/2005/03/more_on_the_bab.html

Mary Petrides Tillotson said...

I was going to post a comment, but then I realized I would be slowing down the internet.

Anonymous said...

I really wish they would go for someone with a little bit of standards. How about Glenn Beck? There is a guy who,,, while I don't always agree with, at least has well reasoned points. He is also much funnier than Limbaugh.